On the initiative of the Consulate General of India, Hamburg, an Indian Business Forum (IBF) was established on February 14, 2014 comprising Indian/Indian origin business persons, entrepreneurs and managers in the 4 states under the jurisdiction of the Consulate viz. Hamburg, Lower Saxony, Bremen and Schleswig Holstein. Members of IBF are drawn from a wide spectrum of business areas like engineering, pharmaceuticals, logistics, consultancy, wholesale, retail, restaurant, management etc. IBF is a non-profit organization and has been officially registered at the local court (Amtsgericht) in Hamburg.
- Bring together Indian/Indian origin business persons on a common platform for better interaction.
- Provide an appropriate forum for Indian entrepreneurs to voice their concerns and address their genuine issues.
- Strengthening contact between Indian business community and German industry, Chambers of Commerce, trade associations, federations and government authorities.
- Enhance understanding of India and promote our products and services amongst German business circles.
- Offer business opportunities to members through networking events.
- Augment economic engagement especially trade and investment between India and Germany.
- Support Indian companies which want to set up offices/start activities in Germany.
IBF is open for membership to all Indian/Indian origin business persons, entrepreneurs and managers in Hamburg, Lower Saxony, Bremen and Schleswig Holstein. A nominal annual membership fee of Euro 100 is charged from members. At present, IBF has 28 members. Under the Chairmanship of the Consul General, following Board/Executive Committee members have been constituted:
Dr. Trilochan Singh
Mr. Mohan Bhardwaj
Mr. Rakesh Veauli
Mr. Bratin Saha
Activities so far
- IBF held its first meeting at Hotel Park Hyatt, Hamburg in February 2014 during which Board Members were elected and formal registration was initiated.
- IBF members called on Shri J. Satyanarayana, Secretary, Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communication and Information Technology during CeBIT Fair in March 2014.
- IBF hosted Indian Ambassador Mr. Vijay Gokhale at Hotel Atlantik in June 2014 and interacted with him.
- IBF took part in a seminar on the topic "India after the Elections" organized by the Business Development and Technology Transfer Corporation (WTSH) of Schleswig-Holstein at Lübeck in June 2014.
- IBF held its second general body meeting in Hotel Grand Elysee, Hamburg in June 2014.
- IBF members attended the Senatsfrühstück organized by the Ministry of Economy of Hamburg in August 2014 during which they interacted with Minister Frank Horch.
- A video conference was held between IBF and Federation of Indian Exporters Organization (FIEO), New Delhi and Mumbai in August 2014.
- IBF members participated in the RE-INVEST Roadshow held in Hotel Park Hyatt, Hamburg in November 2014 and interacted with German companies and the Indian delegation.
- IBF hosted a delegation of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for a business meeting in November 2014 in Ahrensburg, Schleswig Holstein.
- IBF actively participated in the India Week Bremen held in November 2014.
- IBF members called on Director of Hamburg Chamber of Commerce in December 2014 and held discussions.
- IBF Board Members took part in the Make in India Roadshow held in Hannover Chamber of Commerce in March 2015 and gave interviews.
- IBF members called on Mrs. Nirmala Seetharaman, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Government of India during Hannover Trade Fair in April 2015.
IBF offers a unique opportunity for its members to represent India in Germany. Besides serving as a platform for individual business promotion, IBF also caters to the larger role of promoting India especially bilateral commercial relations. The Consulate General of India, Hamburg invites Indian/Indian-origin business persons based in the states of Hamburg, Lower Saxony, Bremen and Schleswig Holstein to join IBF. Interested persons may please contact the Board Members to complete joining formalities.